Shingle Roof Cleaning North Port, Venice, Englewood, Sarasota, Rotonda West, Port Charlotte, and Punta Gorda
With Florida’s heavy rain seasons along with our high heat and humidity, it is a breeding ground for black mold, and over time will take over our asphalt shingle roofs. During my daily travels servicing other clients I see so many shingle roofs in Sarasota, Charlotte, and Manatee County that are neglected and infect with this roof mold. This roof mold known and classified as gleocapsa magma, feeds on the fillers shingle manufacturers use to compress the shingles and give them their light weight and strength. Once it has inhabited your shingle roof our heavy rain season will feed this micro mold organism and start to spread it further down your shingles. Even though this roof mold is not destructive or damaging to the shingle roof, it is an eye sore and creates a worn and dingy looking roof. What this roof mold does do to a shingle roof is prevent the shingles from reflecting the ultra violet rays produced from the sun, and will continue to slightly increase your heating and cooling costs from your air conditioning and heating units.
Here at A-1 Pressure Washing we safely clean and remove the black mold streaks by following the manufacturers guidelines, and we do not use a power washer/ pressure cleaner to clean shingle roofs. The manufactures recommend to ONLY use a soft wash chemical application to gently and safely remove the black streaks without damaging the granules on the surface of the shingles. Our certified safe no pressure roof cleaning system is guaranteed to remove all mold streaks and revive your shingle roof.
Why do the Manufactures not want your to pressure clean your roof?
Its actually very simple why the manufacturers do not want you to use a power/ pressure cleaner to clean your roof. When using a pressure cleaner you are relying on the high pressure and brute force to beat the mold off the roof. Which their studies showed this only removes the surface mold and pushes the mold spores deeper into the shingles, it also removes the granules and causes premature damages from the high powered water. This will also result in the mold returning within 6 months to a year, and you are forced to do it all over again. After several pressure cleanings on your shingles you will cause irreversible damages which could cause leaks and potentially have to replace your roof prematurely, which reroofs range between 10-30k depending on the size on your shingle roof.
The ARMA (asphalt roofing manufacturers association) study also showed that 65% of Shingle Roofs are replaced due to the way they look, not because of their functionality. Half of the roofs ever replaced in the Midwest didn’t need replaced, only cleaned. Just as mold and mildew can grow on your vinyl siding, this wind blown algae can land and grow on your roof causing black streaks and discoloration. Replacing your roof because of this algae is like replacing your TV because you lost the remote; it just doesn’t make sense?
When our approved chemicals come in contact with mold, algae and bacteria it has a chemical reactions. It foams, turns white, and suffocates the mold and kills directly to the roots and removes the spores feeding inside the shingle. When the application has dried your roof is either 100% clean, or it is about 90% clean depending how thick the mold is, and if that’s the case we apply a 2nd coat to remove the remaining 10%. By following these procedures we are able to gently kill and remove all the mold which results in a clean roof that will last for years to come.
Here at A-1 Pressure Washing we take great pride in providing our customers with the highest quality of roof cleaning services. We also stand behind the manufactures guidelines and procedures, we provide a written 3 year mold free guaranteed to all our roof cleaning clients. If mold returns on your shingle roof before our 3 years warranty expires we will return and retreat any infected areas, its as simple as that.
If your shingle roof in North Port, Venice, Englewood, Sarasota, Rotonda West, Port Charlotte, or Punta Gorda is infected and covered with black streaks, then please call A-1 Pressure Washing today for your free roof cleaning estimate. I will be glad to give you a free consultation and show you how we can gently clean your shingle roof. You can also visit our website and fill out our easy online roof cleaning estimate form at www.SarasotaCleaningSolutions.com.
Residential & Commercial Pressure Cleaning & Safe No Pressure Roof Cleaning Services (941)815-8454
North Port, Venice, Sarasota, Rotonda West Englewood, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda
34283 34284 34285 34286 34287 34288 34289 34290 34291 34292 34293 34294 34295 33948 33949 33952 33953 33954 33980 33981 33982 33983 33950 33951 33955 33995 34223 34224 34295 34230 34231 34233 34234 34235 34236 34237 34238 34239 34240 34241 34242 34243 34260 34274 34275 34276 34277 34278